Tuesday 3 May 2016

Book Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

15th April 2016 - 3rd May 2016
Audible 



I have had a physical copy of this book for months now but I've been a little intimidated by all the hype over this book and it's characters. I finally bit the bullet though and downloaded the audiobook version so I could listen to it through the days at work and could get through it a little quicker than reading my physical copy. I loved the setting of this book It's very rare I read anything based in Victorian England unless it's a classic and I was pleasantly surprised at how well executed this was. Although I wasn't completely overwhelmed by the plot it definitely kept me interested enough to want to read the rest of the series. I'd heard a lot of good things about Will who seems to be every fan girls favourite but I must say I have a soft spot for Jem. I also loved the friendship between Jem and Will, the banter was a refreshing change from the bland friendships you tend to get in other books.

As I have just mentioned Will seems to be a big fan favourite but I personally didn't really like him. I used to have a soft spot for the brooding guys but for me Will was just too changeable throughout the book and more often than not came across as a bit of a jerk (in my opinion). I also think I should have read my physical copy of this book as the narration grated on my a little the English Accents that were put on were so cringe worthy in places, as someone who is English it tends to get my back up when people over exaggerate our accents. 

Overall I enjoyed the book and I like how it ended as it's got me wanting to pick up the next book. For the few faults I had with it though I couldn't give it more than 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment