Tuesday 31 May 2016

Book Review; Scarlett Says by Scarlett Moffat (Spoiler Free)

29th May to 21st May
Audible

If you live in the UK and watch Gogglebox you will know Scarlett as the faked tanned witty one, at least that's how I think of her. I love some of the things she comes out with and when I found out she'd written a book I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. This review will probably be quite short and sweet as the book isn't a novel it's just a persons opinions about a lot of different topics.

I like the format this is written in, like she's taking you along on a night out, it made listening to it feel like just a random chat with a friend. I'm glad I listened to it though as I think reading it might have been a bit tricky to follow with all the slang. I loved this book because even though I'm very different to Scarlett in terms of not really being bothered about make up and only having been on 2 nights out in my entire adult life (I'm 26) we're very similar in terms of the kind of towns we grew up in and the types of family we come from and the kind of thoughts that plague the mind. I found myself agreeing with a lot of what she was saying and I love how she wraps her opinions up in banter or sarcastic comments. 

If you like her in Gogglebox and you think she's funny I'd definitely recommend this book as it's just a lot more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment