Tuesday 17 May 2016

Tag Tuesday: NY Times By The Book Tag

I believe this tag was originally started by Marie Berg on Youtube and I haven't been tagged to do this but I really liked the questions.

1. What book is on your night stand now?

2. What was the last truly great book you read?My go to answer would be The Winners Kiss or Salt to the Sea which were both truly great but I seem to have mentioned those on my blog a few times before so I will go with Wolf by Wolf which was just an incredible read. I can't wait for the second book to come out later this year - I really recommend this to anyone who wants a WWII book with a bit of a twist.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?I know most people's answer to this would be J.K Rowling and as much as I'd love to meet her and ask her all the questions everyone else has already gone through with their answer to this question I would actually have to go with Neil Gaiman. I love Neil's writing style and his books have pulled me through some pretty dark times. I would love to talk to him about his writing techniques and how he creates such perfect worlds.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?I have a really eclectic taste so my shelf doesn't really have anything surprising on it but some of my colleagues are usually a little surprised when they find out that I own quite a few Roald Dahl books and still re-read them at 25 years old.

5. How do you organize your personal library?At the moment we still haven't had chance to get a book shelf for our house since moving in so they are organised as boxes of read books and boxes or unread books but I used to organise it alphabetical by Author's last name. I tried other systems but it was madness trying to find anything!

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
I have a lot for this question so I will just put a picture of all the ones I own but haven't read because I'm intimidated by either the hype or the length of it, maybe you guys could recommend which one(s) are worth the risk?

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you are supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?The Cuckoos Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K Rowling). The blurb made it sound so interesting and exactly he kind of thing I would usually love but I was really disappointed I just couldn't finish it :(

8. What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?I like multiple narative books because they tend to be quite fast paced and I like getting different takes on situations.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?I have to say Animal Farm by George Orwell for this one :) I don't think much explanation is needed for this for those who have read it and for those who haven't please give it a chance I didn't think I'd like it but it's so easy to read, it's short too so its a one sit-in kind of book.

10. What do you plan to read next?When I have finished the that I answered for question I would quite like to re-read Jane Eyre and also give Me Before You a try.

Books Mentioned & Not already Linked;
Saint Anything - Sarah Dessen


A Court of Mist & Fury - Sarah J Maas
Kiss of Deception - Mary E Pearson
The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
The Raven Boys - Maggie Steifvater
Queen of the Tearling - Erika Johansen

No comments:

Post a Comment