Tuesday 31 May 2016

Tag Tuesday: Totally Should've Book Tag

I saw Peruse Project do this tag but I believe it was originally started by Emma Books on Youtube.

1. Totally should've gotten a sequel.
This was a tricky one for me because I quite like stand alones and most the time I don't think books need sequels but after a lot of thought I think I would have to go with All I Know Now this is not a novel so "Sequel" might not be the right word but I'd love it if she wrote another book that focused more on helping adults learn how to adult since I'm still struggling at 25! This book was great, though aimed more at teens.

2. Totally should've had a spin off series.
I would love the The Winners Trilogy to have a spin off series. Something from the points of view of soldiers on either side of the war or just lesser privileged people in the world. I just love this world and would love more from it!

3. An author who totally should write more books. 
I haven't read everything by Ruta Sepetys, in fact I've only read Salt to the Sea but this lady has a serious talent and I would love to see more out there by her.

4. A character who totally should've ended ended up with someone else. (***SPOILER ALERT*** If you haven't read all the Harry Potter books or seen all the Harry Potter films skip to question 5)
Harry Potter - wow I got all the way to question 4 without mentioning Harry Potter :) - but in all seriousness I just don't buy into the Harry/Ginny relationship I don't think it fits and I think it's really weird how in love he is with someone who is described to look (and act) exactly like his mother! I don't know who I'd prefer him with but I'm not a fan.

5. Totally should've ended differently.
Soundless by Richelle Meade. I'm not going to spoil this for anyone and to be fair I wasn't totally sold on any of the book but the ending left me a little underwhelmed. Everything happened all at once and left the rest of the book feeling a bit redundant!

6. Totally should've had a movie franchise.
Even though I've stopped reading the Throne of Glass series (for now) and I fell out of love with it really fast at Heir of Fire I think I would enjoy it more if I was watching the movies but I think you'd need a massive budget to make it worth doing.

7.Totally should've had a TV show
I didn't want to repeat an answer but there is honestly nothing I would love more than binge watching many episodes of The Winners Trilogy! For me the series is up there with Harry Potter in terms of my favourite series.

8. Totally should've only have one point of view.
Allegiant I won't spoil it but, honestly the two people are basically the same person so it was near impossible to tell whose POV was whose and I spent so much time trying to work it out that it took me out of the story and the plot.

9. Totally should have a cover change.

I don't hate this cover but I don't like it either. I think if it had been kept really simple (maybe one background colour and a sillouhette of london and the angel above it) instead of a generic 'handsome' guy on the cover it would attract a wider audience than teenage girls because it honestly deserves to have a wider audience.







10. Totally should've kept the original covers.
I almost couldn't find an answer to this one but I think I preferred the original cover to Vicious. I love the newer cover (picture on the right) but I think the original (picture on the right) gives you a better feel for the book and what you're going to get.

11.Totally should've stopped at book one.
I actually have loads for this one but I will only pick a couple which are The Selection I enjoyed the first book but it quickly went downhill from there and Divergent everything written in this series could've been summed up in one book, 

No comments:

Post a Comment