Wednesday 8 June 2016

T5W; Favourite Character Names

Hi All,

I'm here with another Top 5 Wednesday which was started by Ginger Reads Lainey and is now being looked after by Thoughts on Tomes and the topics can be found on Goodreads

There are a lot of names that I love in books so I have tried to pick  good variety. So in no particular order here are some of my favourite character names;




1. Elphaba
Wicked - Gregory Maguire
I love this name it's quite a strong name and I think it matches the character perfectly.









2. Kasia
Uprooted - Naomi Novik
I think this is a really nice name. It matches the theme of the book without being too outlandish and the name really conjures up an image of the character for me.








3. Stanley Yelnats
Holes - Louis Sachar
I don't particularly like the name Stanley but I like his full name and how it is the same backwards as it is forwards.







4.Feyre
I'm slowly falling out of love with the series and the 2nd book was very up and down for me but in terms of names I think that Feyre is a good name and perfect for the character. 








5. Lila (Delilah) Bard
I love the name Lila and even longer Delilah but I think the full name Lila Bard really matches the character and her personality!

4 comments:

  1. Just reading through your name that you picked and number 3!!! I can totally see where you're coming from with his name. The palindrome is what makes his name so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally - I love unique names like this

      Delete
  2. Ah, I forgot about Stanley!! His name is pretty cool and creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I thought about doing the same with some characters in the books I write but the names either don't sound right or don't suit the characters I'm writing.

      Delete