Wednesday 1 June 2016

May Wrap Up

I've had a pretty good reading month both in terms of numbers and also what I've read. I will link my full reviews for each book below feel free to check out my thoughts. For this post though I will try to keep things short and sweet. Feel free to click the words "Full Review" for any of the books if you're interested in my full thoughts :)




Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
April 15th - May 3rd (Audible)
3.5 Stars
Full Review
This was a little disappointing due to all the hype but if you can get passed the hype and go in with no expectations it's a pretty interesting fast paced read.






Kiss of Deception - Mary E Pearson
5th May - 16th May
4 Stars
Full Review
I love the writing in this novel, it's so lyrical and beautiful it really helps set the tone and mood. Great little twist toward the end overall incredibly well written.





A Court of Mist & Fury - Sarah J Maas
3rd May to 18th May
3.5 / 4 Star
Full Review
When I think back on this read I have a Love/Hate vibe. On the one hand it was everything I wanted it to be in and a little more but on the other hand the pacing was off and there was too much sex to name just a couple of my issues.




Saint Anything - Sarah Dessen
5th May to 18th May
3 Stars
If this is the kind of novel you would normally read and enjoy you will adore this book I just found it to be okay. There was a lot of potential for some interesting scenes and they were all missed.





This Savage Song - V.E Schwab
14th May to 20th May (Release date 7th July)
I adored this book. V.E Schwab writes really refreshing, different YA fantasy novels. She doesn't focus so much on things that don't matter her books very much get to the point and I love that. this was probably my favorite read of the month!




Me Before You - JoJo Moyes
20th May to 28th May
I went into this book not really expecting a lot A) because this genre has not been my typical read since my early 20's and B) because of all the hype. I saw an advert for the movie and was intrigued - Boy was I pleasantly surprised. Charming, heart warming and so emotional.





Scarlett Says - Scarlett Moffat
29th May to 31st May
Loved it. If you love her on Gogglebox you'll love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment